Tuesday, November 11, 2008

The Legend of Ed Johnson

Here it is . On the advice of my friend Boyd I have decided to dedicate most of this blog to memories of Edwin Yazee Johnson son of Key Johnson. My intent here is not to offend anyone who knows Ed, just to offend his loved ones. In reality I just have some crazy stories about ol Ed an Me and I think others will enjoy them. Every week I will share a new story or memory, but you won't get any more background after this blog so pay attention. Ed and I grew up a few blocks apart. We attended the same elementary Hillsdale. Back then Hillsdale didn't have a huge minority population so even though I am blonde with blue eyes I was always put down as a Native American because of some crazy Indian ancestry. Ed as you should know by his middle name is also Indian. Once in a while they would gather us together(like the agents of old) and tell us what we could get out of our heritage. It was at one of these gathering that I first saw Ed. How could I not notice him with his amazing rat tail haircut. Later I would share a soccer team with Edwin and finally we enjoyed church services together where Ed turned in his rat tail for an even more amazing bollo tie. Though most of my stories will seem negative about Ed I do have to say I still have some love for the guy, and in fact had actually admired him in Jr high mistaking being clueless with confidence. He is never malicious or mean he just pissed me off a lot. So Ed if you ever come across this by googling yourself hopefully we can get back together and make more insane memories

3 comments:

  1. You and Ed should never, I repeat NEVER get back together again. That is like mixing dove stool and mouthwash.

    You should, however, write more than Ed Johnson memories. Just write any memory you may have. I would like that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. By the way, you are the dove stool.

    ReplyDelete